The United Nations invites prospective candidates with the attributes listed below to join our talent pool for senior leadership positions located in the Secretariat and Regional Commissions, Field Operations, Funds and Programmes, Research and Training and Other Entities:
- Recognized leader with extensive knowledge and experience in the key priority areas of the United Nations: promotion of sustained economic growth and sustainable development, maintenance of international peace and security, promotion and protection of human rights, effective coordination of humanitarian assistance, promotion of international justice and law, disarmament, drug control, crime prevention and combating terrorism;
- Demonstrated leadership experience with strategic vision and proven skills to manage a complex organization with staff of diverse cultural backgrounds in multiple locations, as well as the ability to mobilise various forms of support from multi-stakeholders and partners;
- Demonstrated leadership experience with proven skills in change management, reform, organizational development and leading organizational transformations;
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously in a multi-cultural team and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization;
- Demonstrated commitment to the values and guiding principles of the United Nations, as well as familiarity with the United Nations system .
Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. Fluency in oral and written English is required for all senior leadership positions. A working knowledge of another United Nations official language will be an advantage.
Join the Talent Pool
To join our Senior Leadership Talent Pool, complete our online form and upload a curriculum vitae and cover letter outlining your skills and experience in relation to the above attributes.
Candidates who have applied to specific advertised positions or to the 2017/2019/2021 Global Calls for field mission leadership positions and were successfully included in the SRSG (Special Representative of the Secretary-General) / DSRSG (Deputy Special Representative of the Secretary-General) pool need not re-apply to join the Senior Leadership Talent Pool as their profiles will be automatically added to this pool for future vacant posts.
Talent pool candidates who are found suitable for specific vacant posts, as and when they become available, will be contacted.
If you have any questions or encounter any technical problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.